So I now have a dilemma… I am trying to decide where to buy a house… Do I buy in a town by my job or do I buy in the city (by friends) where I have to commute to work. Of course I went to my trusty google and tried to find some information to make my decision easier. One thing I read was to make your decision to live some where that will improve your quality of life, understand what your core needs and interests are and will be. To understand these needs, you have to look at
1. What really matters – Place is as important as job, but neither are as important as family and friends
2. Room for Career Flexibility – living in the city would definitely leave more options for continued career growth, although I am VERY happy in my current position
3. Live where your income is at least as high as the median… I am sure there is a way to find this out… perhaps google…
4. Consider more choice is not always more desirable – look at why more might just be less.
5. Keep your commute short – how short is short? If I were to buy in the town where I have been looking, it would be between a 15 and 20 minute commute; if I were to buy in the city… 45 – 50 minutes, but it would be a reverse commute. Hmmm…
6. Don’t relocate away from a spouse or significant other (SO NOT AN ISSUE! 🙂 )
7. Seek diverse populations for a richer life – One thing I do want is a diverse but safe neighborhood…
8. Make a decision to improve the world – Live life in sync with values and intention to make a difference.
So even through all this… I still don’t know how to decide… town or city… near friends or nearer to family… Any thoughts???