So I have had some time to get sort of settled in my house and my neighborhood. I have some wants for my town to add to my list of things to make this little part of the world a little better. Now I know no where is perfect, however, I am loving my neighborhood. I have joined our neighborhood organization… and provided some ideas of things that I think would be fun for our neighborhood. There are also some things that I think my town needs…
1. Trader Joes… or Whole Foods… I’m leaning toward Trader Joes, they have great cheese and wine.
2. A wine bar or a place grown folks can go to meet other grown folks. How does one make new friends as a grown up?
3. A better public transportation system. One that runs into the evenings… so you cane be the responsible one and not drive after enjoying some of those adult beverages.
4. They need to build up the downtown area. I can tell, and actually know that at one time it was a busy city center, however with the invention of the mall, the store front stores went out. 😦 Just a sad state of the world.
5. A real farmers market. When I lived in Kansas City, I fell in love with Farmers Markets. Here is the link to the Kansas City Market http://www.thecitymarket.org/ check it out you will see how amazing it is. It has a little bit of everything and some great produce. This could also build up the city center. Just a thought. One of my biggest frustrations is that the current farmers market is on Fridays from 8am – 2pm. Makes it very hard for a person who works to go and enjoy the farmers market.
Those are my 5 things that I think my town needs to improve the lives of those living here… mainly me 🙂 Thanks for reading!
Posted in Drinks, Life Happens, Post a Week, PostaWeek, Single Life, Things that make me happy!
Tagged A post a week, American Dream, City or Town, Favorites, Life, New Home Owner, PostaWeek, Summer
I fell in love with the TV show Sex and the City many years ago. Through out the years, I found myself connecting with each of the characters at different times/seasons of my life. Over the past weeks, I have been watching reruns and find at this season in my life, I have a little bit of all the ladies in me.
The side of me that has Carrie, is my love of fashion, my belief that Mr. Big is out there… and my love of great shoes… well I love great shoes, but can’t afford them.
Samantha is the wild woman… and the one who has her heart close off for most of the series. While I don’t have a lot of Samantha I love her attitude and her strength.
Miranda is the serious one… focused on her work and career. Doesn’t want anything to get in her way. While my career isn’t the most important, it is one of the focuses in my life. Being successful is important, and I don’t think a career is the only way to be a success.
Charlotte is the “good” girl… I probably most relate to her.
While Mr. Big isn’t one of the girls… He is what I am seeking… It has nothing to do with the money, it has nothing to do with the job. It has to do with the tingles. It has to do with the butterflies. I want the one that I don’t want to live without… I can always survive on my own, but I want to share my life with someone. I want to be with the one who I can’t live without and the one that can’t live without me.
These ladies are incredible women, each in their own right, but together they make an unbelieveable strong supportive group of women. One of the most important things a woman can have is a wonderful group of friends. Thanks for reading…
It has been a while since I have done a Sepia post… These are some pictures I took when out wandering in the city. I think they turned out great in color, and even better in Sepia.
Thanks for reading! 🙂
Posted in Photo Challenge, Photography, Post a Week, PostaWeek, Sepia, Summer, Sundays, Uncategorized
Tagged A post a week, Favorites, Life, Photography, Photos, Pictures, PostaWeek
Red… I took a picture of this at a friend’s house. I loved this picture from the first day I saw it. I don’t know if it was because of the color… Red is one of my favorite colors. The sparkle of the ring… the size of the picture. My photo doesn’t exactly do it justice, but it is one of my favorite things. It also fit the photo challenge of Red.
Posted in My Favorite Things, Photo Challenge, Photography, Post a Week, PostaWeek, Uncategorized
Tagged A post a week, Favorites, Photo Challenge, Photography, Photos, Pictures, Red